What Do Children Learn From Cloud Dough?
Fine Motor Skills – As they squish and squeeze the cloud dough with their hands and use different tools to cut shapes and make marks.
Speech And Language – As you explore the activity together using new and already known vocabulary.
Creativity and Imagination – As the explore the cloud dough testing their ideas and creating a narrative to their play.
Shape Recognition – As they mould the cloud dough into different shapes and use different shaped play dough cutters.
Mathematics – As they count how many objects they have created as well as exploring language around size like big and small.
Literacy – As they use the different tools available to leave marks in the cloud dough.
3 Years +
How To Make Cloud Dough
- ½ cup or 100g of white conditioner
- 1 cup or 160g of corn flour
- Food colouring
- Tip the conditioner into a large bowl, add a few drops of food colouring and mix.
- Once the conditioner is one, even colour tip in the corn flour and mix until all the ingredients are combined and you have a dough like consistency.
- If it’s too dry add a little more conditioner, if it’s too sticky add a little more corn flour. Repeat this until you are happy with your dough.
What Is The Best Way To Clean Up Cloud Dough?
Cleaning Up Your Child
Once your child has finished playing, remove any clothes with cloud dough stuck on them, then wash their hands with warm soapy water.
Cleaning Up A Small And Large Tray
Collect any excess cloud dough, wrap it in cling film, and place it in an air-tight container. Finally, wipe over the tray with an anti-bac wipe.
Cleaning The Surrounding Area
Collect any excess cloud dough, throw it into the bin, and then use an anti-bac wipe to clean the surrounding area.