What Do Children Learn From Chia Seed Slime?
- Fine Motor Skills
- Sensory Attributes
- Cause and Effect
- Colour Recognition
- Creativity and Imagination
5+ Setting Time
6 Months +
How To Make Chia Seed Slime For Sensory Play
- ¼ Cup or 36g of chia seeds
- 2 Cup or 200ml of water
- Food colouring
- Cling film
- Pour 1/4 cup of chia seeds and 2 cups of water into a bowl together.
- Add a few drops of food colouring to the bowl and mix well.
- Once you are happy with the colour, cover the bowl with cling film and place it in the fridge overnight.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for as many colours as you want.
What Is The Best Way To Clean Up Chia Seed Slime?
Cleaning Up Your Child
Use a damp flannel to clean your child first.
Cleaning Up A Small Tray
Tip the excess chia seed slime into the bin and place the tray and any resources used into the sink. Rinse with water and leave to dry.
Cleaning A Large Tray
Grab a bowl and use some kitchen roll to scoop the excess slime into the bowl, then tip the leftover slime into the bin. Use an anti-bac wipe to clean the tray.
Cleaning The Surrounding Area
Use some kitchen roll to scoop the escaped slime into the bowl, then use an anti-bac wipe to clean the surrounding area. You could always mop the floor if the tray was on the floor.