What Do Children Learn From Dyed Porridge Oats?
- Fine Motor Skills
- Gross Motor Skills
- Colour Recognition
- Imagination and Creativity
6 months +
How To Make Tate-Safe Paint
- ½ cup or 45g of large rolled porridge oats
- 1 tbsp of Water
- Kitchen roll
- Food colouring
- Add 1 tablespoons of water and a few drops of food colouring into a bowl mixing to combine.
- Next, pour 1 cup of porridge oats into the bowl with the coloured water. Mix to coat the oats with the coloured water, and add more food colouring for a more vibrant colour.
- Tip the oats onto a kitchen roll and leave to dry.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for how many colours you want.
What Is The Best Way To Clean Up Dyed Porridge Oats?
Cleaning Up Your Child
Once your child has finished playing, encourage them to wash their hands in the sink.
Cleaning Up A Small And Tray
Scoop any leftover oats into an air-tight container, then wipe over the tray with an anti-bac wipe.
Cleaning The Surrounding Area
Sweep up any oats from the surrounding areas and throw them in the bin. Then give the area a quick wipe over with an anti-bac wipe.